If These Walls Could Talk: Boston Red Sox
Stories from the Boston Red Sox Dugout, Locker Room and Press Box
By Jerry Remy and Nick Cafardo / Foreword by Sean McDonough
It’s the bottom of the eighth inning and “Sweet Caroline” begins to play. Die-hard Red Sox fans know the lyrics as well as they know the history of their team, but there are still rare stories, not yet heard beyond The Green Monster. After seven seasons as a starting second baseman for the Red Sox and 30 years as a broadcaster, Jerry Remy reveals his personal memories of recent Red Sox history. Relive the World Series title championships, see a new side to Red Sox legends and learn about the Red Sox from the greatest seat in the park.
In If These Walls Could Talk: Boston Red Sox: Stories from the Boston Red Sox Dugout, Locker Room and Press Box (Triumph Books, July 9, 2019), beloved Red Sox color commentator Jerry “RemDawg” Remy and the late, respected national baseball writer Nick Cafardo present an intimate look at Fenway Park’s most historic baseball seasons. From overcoming an 86-year championship drought to gaining a reputation for top quality baseball, the Red Sox have a story worth celebrating, and Jerry Remy has all the details. Highlights include:
- Sincere foreword from Red Sox sports broadcaster Sean McDonough, reflecting on his entertaining nine-year partnership with Jerry Remy
- A close look at Jerry’s Remy’s time with Red Sox legends such as Ted Williams, Pedro Martinez and Carl Yastrzemski.
- Play by play analysis of the unforgettable moments from the World Series Championship winning seasons of 2004, 2007, 2013 and 2018
- A behind the scenes look at Jerry Remy’s personal journey in the public eye during his cancer diagnosis, depression and his son’s tragic arrest
- Inside scoop on working with broadcasting legends, Remy’s picks for favorite Red Sox players and his views on the changing landscape of baseball
From the broadcaster who has seen it all, Jerry Remy reflects on the most historic Red Sox seasons of all time in If These Walls Could Talk: Boston Red Sox, an inspiring and entertaining collection of stories for lifelong Red Sox fans.
About the Authors:
A former second baseman for the Angels and Red Sox, Jerry Remy has served as NESN’s color commentator on Red Sox broadcasts since 1988. He is a four-time New England Emmy Award winner and was named Massachusetts Sportscaster of the Year by the National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association in 2004. He is the author of Watching Baseball: Discovering the Game Within the Game and Red Sox Heroes: The RemDawg’s All-Time Favorite Red Sox, Great Moments, And Top Teams. He has also written five books in the Hello, Wally! series for children.
Nick Cafardo was a national baseball writer for the Boston Globe as well as a correspondent for NESN and MLB Network. He was chosen by Boston Magazine as Boston’s Best Sportswriter in 1994. Previous books include 100 Things Red Sox Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die, The Impossible Team: The Worst to First Patriots’ Super Bowl Season, and Inside Pitch: Playing and Broadcasting the Game I Love with Tom Glavine.